If you think that sugar-free means that you have to live without delicious cakes, then here is a sweet surprise for you! 🍰
What’s the hardest thing about not eating sugar?! To give up cakes and pies! That’s why I’m always happy to try delicious cakes and pastries! 😍
So, the cake, you need:
- For the dough
250g flour of your choice
6 dried and pitted dates
1 ripe organic banana
Abrasion of 1 organic orange
Juice of 1/2 orange
- For the filling
- For the topping
300g raspberries (frozen e.g.) or blueberries, strawberries or a mix of different berries
Optional: coconut flakes, almond chips, mint leaves or the like
In case you need some conversions:
- The dough
- Chop dates into small pieces and, depending on the strength of the mixer, soak in water. I have a really weak blender and let the dates soak 2 hours in advance… From a blender power of about 750 watts, this is no longer necessary.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Heat butter until it is liquid – works in a pot or microwave.
- Then mix dates, banana, orange abrasion and orange juice and knead with the flour to a dough.
- Teig in eine Springform geben 15-22 cm – bei Bedarf vorher mit Backpapier auslegen oder einfetten.
- Then bake at 150° for 15 minutes.
- The filling & the topping
- While the dough is baking in the oven, you can mix the mascarpone and the quark. Rub some of the tonka bean into the mixture. Alternatively, you can use the pulp of a vanilla pod (unfortunately they are always so expensive).
- Then, wait until the cake base has cooled off and spread the cream on top.
- In the meantime you can defrost the raspberries (if necessary) and blend them – if you like you can take some berries aside and use them later for decoration.
- Then you put the topping (the berry mix) on top of the cream filling and smooth out the edge nicely – I hope you succeed a little better than I did. 😀
- If you like you can now decorate the berries on the cake and add some coconut flakes or almond chips. There are no limits to your creativity!
And have you tried the recipe? How did you like it? I love this cake and it even delights my husband – who does not live sugar-free! 💁🏼
If you post a picture of your adorable cake on Instagram, make sure to tag it with #mymaisiefriend, then I can enjoy it! 😍
Enjoy your cake!
Your Maisie 💕